We lost my grandpa, Keith Cox, last wednesday. Sunday evening he was fine - well, as fine as he could be with congestive heart failure. He called my uncles together and went over all of his affairs with them, and by monday morning he could hardly carry on a conversation, tuesday he was incoherant, and died wednesday morning about 4:10 am, in his sleep, holding the hand of his wife of 65 1/2 years. He knew he was "checking out" as he told one person. He was such an amazing man. He was the most talented carpenter/wood worker I know. I will forever cherish the rocking horse he made for my kids, and the old worn out cutting boards I inherited from someone in the family (who once had green fermica in their kitchen LOL).
Grandpa is the first person that I have been close to who has passed on (well, besides cameron, but that's a different kind of relationship). I will always remember his smile, hugs, his smell, and his laugh. I feel so horrible for my grandma. To see the love that she had for him, and the heartbreak she is going through just breaks my heart. She was so strong for the viewing and funeral. Us grandkids all spoke at the funeral, and that was tough, but the hardest part for me was when they closed the casket - knowing I'd never see his face again. I am sad that my children probably won't even remember him (well, Blaine might), because he is such a great man. But I am confident in the fact that we will be together again, and that he is in a better place with a body that will allow him to continue on in the Lord's work.
And Grandpa didn't waste any time getting to work. My cousin Darcy was due with her first baby on May 11th. As of tuesday night she said she hadn't had any contractions or anything. Shortly after grandpa passed she started having labor pains, and her daughter Maysen Baily Fox was born 12 hours and 20 minutes after grandpa passed away - at 4:30 pm on April 30th. We told Darcy that Grandpa was up there picking her out, and sent her on her way with a kiss.
So, this one's for you grandpa. Until we can see each other again, I love you.
Cousin Adventure #7 Swimming!
13 years ago



1 comments:
I'm sad that your grandpa passed away. You're right though, you'll see him again, thanks to our Heavenly Father's plan. Blaine will remember him a little, and I'm always surprised what Elise remembers, so you might be surprised by your other boys as well. Mavery is off the hook on this one!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday, that was great, and you never miss one. I like that about you!
Post a Comment