I will preface this post by saying YES, I KNOW I AM CRAZY! Anyway, onto the story.
Last Monday I went into PetSmart to get some toys for our bird, Scooter. While there I was showing Maveri and Corlin the animals and happened to see a long haired guinea pig! She was so adorable. The people were there cleaning out the cages, so I asked to hold her. Then I was told they had another one in the back, and they went and got her and brought her out to me too. I Loved them, as did Corlin and Maveri. But I was a good girl and gave them back, and we left to go meet daddy for lunch. His response to my love of the long haired guinea pigs was "well, i'm not opposed to it".
So I went back that afternoon and got one. I brought her home and we decided to name her Ginger. The kids were so excited, and they wanted to get an exercise ball for her to play in so we went back to petsmart that night. While we were there Matt was reading the information they had on "piggys" (as corlin calls them) and read that they do better in pairs. SOOOOO, you guessed it - we now have TWO guinea pigs. The second one we got the boys couldn't agree on a name, so she's now Cinnamon Brownie.
I call them "The Spice Girls"
Here's a few quick pics of our newest family members (oh yeah, and now we're up to five animals if anyone is counting!)
Ginger on the Left, Cinnamon Brownie on the right
Ginger

Cinnamon Brownie

Cousin Adventure #7 Swimming!
13 years ago



2 comments:
cute! i used to love to go to the mall and look at the guinea pigs! good luck with em!
welcome to the zoo! Just kiddin' I love ya and I think it's great! I'll just send my kids to your house for the pets with feathers and fur!
Post a Comment