Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our (yucky) dinner adventure!

We went furniture shopping today since we still haven't fixed and/or replaced our broken bed (that has been broken for a few months now). We dragged the kids to four different furniture stores, and as a reward took them out to Cracker Barrell for dinner.

On the way into the restaurant I noticed Maveri was stinky so I grabbed a diaper and wipes to change her. I got there, laid her down, undid the top button of her pants and realized this was a bigger mess than I thought. Poop was EVERYWHERE her pants covered. from ankle to belly button. I had to strip her completely wipe her down best I could and then put her in a diaper and sweatshirt b/c that was all that was unsoiled.

So, we eat dinner, all is well except Corlin isn't eating...he'd rather play with the crayons. I keep getting on his case to eat and he tells me "i cold". i start to spoon up a bite of mac & cheese for me to feed him when he proceeds to throw up all over the chair. He missed most of himself, except his hand. So we call over the clean up crew, he stands up to go to the potty and does it again all over the floor and the front of his sweat shirt. So, I run him into the bathroom, get him mostly cleaned up best I can and realize HE is stinky too. So, out to the van we go to get another diaper and then I change him, who wasn't as messy as Maveri, but it still wasn't a "clean sweep" type diaper. Yucky.

Then we came home, I had to clean up a couple dog messes - which is expected when you leave a puppy in a room for six hours! So i throw the rug and all the yucky clothes in the washer. And then, as I was typing this corlin was going pee on his little potty (yay!), but the darn thing leaked pee all over my floor so I got to clean that up too (glad i told him to put it on the hardwood instead of the carpet!).

I need a bath now - I feel disgustingly gross! I was just glad that it happened at the restaurant vs. one of the furniture stores! and also, however bad it is of me to say, glad it didn't happen at home on my couch/carpet/bedding etc. to where i would have to clean it up! Bad me, I know - but still....

2 comments:

sav said...

hahahha! that is so funny! you poor stinky girl! i'm glad most of it didn't happen at home too! now i know what i am getting myself into!

Wight Family said...

Agreed. I may need a bath too after reading all that messiness. What luck!!?? I'm also glad that didn't happen at your house. I hate cleaning that kind of stuff up. Just doesn't go well for me.

Hope the kids are feeling better soon!!