You know how you always have grand plans for holidays, and all this great stuff you want to do for your kids? And then, how that never actually happens?? Yeah, that totally happened to us this year for Halloween.
It started wednesday night, when matt didn't feel well. By thursday morning he was so dizzy he could hardly stand up. So, off to the doctor he went. Strep throat and ear infection - Rx for keflex. That night I noticed something weird behind Corlin's ear - it was all goopy and green and gooey, so off to the doc we went (again). When we got there they registered his temp at 100.something so I requested a strep test just in case. Good thing I did, he has strep too - and impetigo behind his ear. Rx for amoxicillan and bactroban. While there the ped said if anyone else starts in with a headache or stomach ache etc. to call and get them a script. I went to bed that night with a pounding headache, woke up with the horrible sore throat, so off to the doc I went. The wouldn't just call me in a script b/c of my INR/coumadin stuff. INR levels down to 1.7, but aparantly antibiotics make your levels rise, so they're keeping me on the same dose for now and put me on penisilin with a recheck next thursday. Matt and I continued to spend the rest of Halloween day in bed, while the kids watched Goosebumps on TV all day. Come trick-or-treat time it do-or-die so I took a darvocet from my surgery sucked it up and went. I was the grown up who wasn't dizzy every time I stood up! We went down to the ward Trunk-or-Treat, and when that was over we walked back to our house hitting all the houses on the way back. The kids seemed to really enjoy it. Even Maveri was getting the hang of things at the trunk or treat, and started asking people for "mum" (some). It was pretty cute. After we got home I decided to tough it out a little longer to make some chili. I've had chili on halloween pretty much every halloween of my life, and I wasn't going to let a little thing like Strep throat get in the way of that. It was my first time making it, but in the end it turned out pretty darn good (if i do say so myself).
We didn't get our pumpkins carved, we didn't make it to mamaws, or grandma greats, or to Bryce and Sally's halloween party. But, Halloween comes every year, so maybe next year will be a little bit more exciting and less sick!
But, I did snap a few pics from the school parties and trick or treating.
Quinten's class party pics


At Blaine's class party they made me into a "toilet paper mummy"
A group shot before ToT'ing
Poodle Skirt Girl
Cowboy
Handy Manny
And - the HOT DOG - when he told me this is what he wanted to be I wasn't sure how we'd pull it off, but it looks like we did alright!
Cousin Adventure #7 Swimming!
13 years ago



1 comments:
brad was sick too! so we stayed home and missed out on the party too.. oh well..
Post a Comment