So, I went to a doctor's appointment today that I have been putting off for a few months now. My daughter Maveri is 8 1/2 months old now, and all of these problems are ones that I have been having since she was born.
First off, my wrists. I got carpal tunnel syndrom when I had Maveri. My then-doc (new ins, new doc) told me that if it wasn't better in six months that I would need surgery. Obviously, I didn't go back at the six month mark. I probably wouldn't have gone back today if it weren't for the fact that the friend I borrowed the braces from needed them back! So, because it's been so long with the braces and I still can't make it through the night without my hands going numb (even with the braces on), and I can't make it through a month without needing the braces on during the day I get to do Nerve Testing tomorrow. From what I understand they are going to run electrical currents through my wrists until it hurts. The more damage I have from the CTS, the more currents it will take to make me hurt. Sounds fun, doesn't it? The results of that will determind if I need surgery or not.
Secondly, my dear sweet daughter decided to leave a lasting impression on her way out. A pain in my butt, literally, as she broke my tailbone. Now, stupid me sat on a broken tailbone for six months thinking "it'll go away soon" before I went to the doctor. That was two months ago. The doctor basically told me to get a donut pillow and if it wasn't "significantly better" in a month to come back and the next step would be cortizone injections. Seeing as I really didn't/don't want a big huge needle in me...you know...I decided to give myself two months with the pillow. But, there's really no improvement at all. So, I have to have an MRI next week to see where all my nerves are down there, and I'm scheduled for my cortizone injection not until May 5th because the ONLY doc around that does the injections in a tailbone was booked out until then. What's six more weeks of sitting on a stupid donut pillow with a broken tailbone? UGH. Neither option sounds great.
And finally, having four kids in just over five years does take a toll on your body. The price I'm paying now is arthritis in my pubic bone. At first I just thought that pain was becaues my tailbone was out of whack and causing my pelvis area to hurt. X-rays two months ago proved different - arthritis. So, I went on Voltaren for six weeks and it was wonderous. BUT, my doctor didn't give me any refils because she wanted me to have to call her back, so then she could check on my tailbone etc. Well, I managed a couple weeks without the meds before it became really painful again....thus, I called the doc and had my appointment today. This time she gave me 11 refills! Yay!
So, there ya have it. I'm 27 and falling apart - and every single thing is from my last pregnancy! Hopefully, if all goes as planned, it was my VERY last pregnancy. Matt is scheduled for his "snip snip" on April 23rd! I really think another pregnancy would do this old broken body of mine in for good.
Cousin Adventure #7 Swimming!
13 years ago



2 comments:
yay for dr's. sounds like maveri really did on in on you!
Now you know why I'm scared of girls! :P At least she's cute!
I should get the results of my nerve testing on monday...they'll be ready on friday but my doc isn't working friday.
Post a Comment